With so many current events and world issues to choose from, a person has trouble choosing just one. Your task this week is to choose one of those MAJOR current events or world issues that interests you. Once you have chosen, state what the event or issue is, explain it in detail giving your opinion or thoughts on that particular issue. Then look at 2 of your classmates posts and comment/respond to it. Make sure that you state your opinions or thoughts on your classmates event/issue and whether you agree or disagree with their stance.
Due: 10/19/08 Sunday by 11:59 p.m.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

46 comments:
hello hahahahahahaha
South Africa's new health minister broke dramatrically on Monday from a decade of discredited government policies on AIDS. He declared on the disease was unquestionably cuased by HIV and must be treated with conventional medicine. Health Minister Barbara Hogan's pronouncement marked the official end to 10 years of denying link between HIV and AIDS by former President Thabo Mbeki and his health minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang. "We know that HIV cuases AIDS," Hogan said in a speech Monday. It was her highest-profile public appearance since she became health minister two weeks ago after Mbeki was turned out of office by his party.
the stock market goes up 936 points after going down 2,400 points.
the reason for the jump they say is due to the government.
The world issue I will be giving my opinion about is the war in Iraq. Now the war isn't a big shocker or anything new. But many believe that it was a huge mistake to even invade Iraq...well at some points in time it could be and at other points in time it isn't a mistake. I hope if Senator John McCain gets president that he understands how expensive things have been getting for Americans due to the war in Iraq. He hopefully will address this issue in an accurate manner. But if he pulls our troops out of Iraq it will be a huge mistake. Then Iraq will think that we surrendered and givin up and they will get the impression it will be okay to terrorize us again. And that would be worst possible thing that could happen.
The Dow Jones went up 976 points making investors bet that the end of the credit crisis is near. The industrial average ended at 936 points. The advance was the largest ever from a point basis.
Last week was DOW's worst week ever so this is a good thing for investors and th economy.
Censorship is a major national issue because we were supposed to have free speech, but…..we don’t. Maybe we do not realize what America has done to keep us away from information. The patriot Act for example increases the ability of law enforcement agencies to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial and other records; eases restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States. They have no business looking at what we e-mail each other. This is not an effective way to fight anything except reasonable measures to keep America safe. The music you hear to the news you watch are all censored, we don’t hear many things that other countries are saying about America. They have completely different views, we as citizens must ask us who is telling the truth. I don’t think either candidate is likely to fix this problem they are all sold out or accepting donations from companies who like to sweep their misdeeds under the rug.
to ty i beleive that your blog is important to the soceity cause aids is growing problem in the world. and VERY BAD to the HEALTH.
Air pollution can cause harmfull thing to little kids and adults.I think that air pollution is a bad thing and that we need to stop it.Air pollution is carbon monoxide,nitrogen oxides,sulfur oxides,hydrocarbons,and particulate matter.We cause air pollution by starting fire, factors.
One of the major issues in the United States is unemployment. Many people think that unemployment is lots of people without jobs when really it is jobs that don't have people to fill them or people looking for an other job. The unemployment rate is never really accurate. A reason for this would be the unemployment insurance. This insurance was set up for people that lost their jobs or are having hardships. If you are getting this insurance then you must be looking for a job. People may become to dependant on the insurance and not look for a job. This would make the rate higher. An other example would be that some people look for jobs but they can't find one. Most of the time these people get discouraged and give up. This also makes the rate higher. This issue really bothers me. If you are able to work you should instead of living off of the government and people's tax money.
To Ty
I believe you alot aids are a big problem.
To Clinton
I beilve you alot the stock market is because of the government.
klyle i do agree with your blog cause i to beleive that air pollution is very harmful to the health.
to Steph:
With Iraq’s government demolished and their homes and business destroyed then how could they afford to terrorize anyone? I disagree and think that the Iraq war has done horrible things to this country and that future generations will see it as the other Vietnam.
Kyle I agree that air pollution is bad. I dont think that starting fires is the only pollution that we make though.
Jose! I am picking up what you are laying down! I agree and you rock my world!
Jose I agree that if people are able to work they should.
Nuclear weapons used by a large percentage of the countries in the world. Senator John McCain just proposed that the U.S bulid 45 nuclear reactors by the year 2035. The U.S produces the most nulcear energy, while France produces the highest percentage of nuclear energy from reactors. But what about nuclear weapons? What countries do we have to worry about? According to the author of wikipedia.com, we have to worry the most about Russia.
To Steph, I think you are right. Taking our troops out of Iraq right now would be a huge mistake. We started fighting with them, and now we are fighting them To Help Them. Some of the Iraqis resist while the majority of them are letting us help them be able to govern themselves.
(dow jumps 936 points!!!)
The Dow Jones jumped 936 points higher, after having gone up 976 points during one session. The advance was the largest during one session points-wise. The point gain was equal to 11.1%, the fourth-best day ever based on percents.
to jose-
I totally agree with you. Unemployment is a big world issue!! I know what you mean when you say it bothers you that perfectly healthy and capable human beings need to get off there bum and get a job instead of living off the government. Come on people stop being lazy!!! Nice topic jose!
VIENNA (Reuters) - North Korea on Monday restored U.N. monitors' access to its atom bomb complex and will resume disabling its nuclear reactor on Tuesday, the U.N. nuclear watchdog said, after a deal with Washington to save the procesPyongyang had pledged on Sunday to resume steps to eliminate its atomic bomb program in a deal with Washington.
I think that this is ULTIMATELY good, in which making the world a safer place, by not having every country have nuclear bombs pointed at another.
chealsea i think that nuclear energy is a big topic, and i dont nessasarily like it, but it's going to happen one way or another. our governtment wants to be the most powerful, and they feel threatened, that is the only reason they make such a big deal.
steph- i totally agree. you make an extremely good point. pulling out the troops would be a really bad idea.
(dow jumps 936 points!!!)
The Dow Jones jumped 936 points higher, after having gone up 976 points during one session. The advance was the largest during one session points-wise. The point gain was equal to 11.1%, the fourth-best day ever based on percents.
To Josie, I see what you are saying but look, how many people out there just use the government to get money?? You can just put "I applied here, and here, and here," when really you don't. There are so many people out there who use the government and abuse the unemployment...(I know a couple). A part of me thinks that we should do away with unemployment, but then I think, my sister needs this, she got laid off and has a new car, new house, and a small child. So, part of me agrees with what you are saying.
to kyle
I agree with you that air pollution is bad for everyones health.
to eggy
i agree with you that its good for investors and the economy.
Kyle-
I agree that pollution is a bad thing but its not nessasarily one of the big world issues right at the current time.
Kyle-
I agree that pollution is a bad thing but its not nessasarily one of the big world issues right at the current time.
I beleive Clinton and Ramrod. The stock market hopefully will go up again.
The collapse of the financial system in the USA is fact, but the question is, how it really came to it, and/or, the Americans, Europeans and Asians to it said! The question is: The financial crisis and the bad dollar course are genuine and/or. As natural reason developed or only the production of President Bush and for its people to simplify and/or possible-close over the payback of their high schools?? And if one looks times more exactly, one sees also that it does not stand as badly around America, which first of all if one compares the “crisis” times with other countries, as e.g. Italy, which were loaded with 100 per cent its BULK DOMESTIC PRODUCT, are in the USA straight times 5! Naturally we have the worst stock exchange numbers since the world economic crisis and a new world economic crisis would be the latter, which can afford our world for the moment, because that became most likely in the 3. World war, at worst in all-destructive nuclear war! That is probably the worst, which from all follow can, but back to the question, this whole crisis is only magnified the importance of and not at all so bad, how it was represented? And in as far we should along-pull with the developing panic?
To kylep:
I agree with you, air pollution is one of the worst current events in our time! And I think we have to change something for getting that problem well again!
To Steph:
I agree I like your point of view! I think Iraq was a mistake, because so many people died there, but I don’t like war anyway, so that’s my opinion. I think your right, that it will effect us sooner or later, when we put the troops now out of Iraq, but wasn’t it from the beginning a mistake? Some people say, that bush just searched a reason, for getting the oil in Iraq?
To Stepth:
I totally agree with you on the war thing. I dont think that we should pull out because it may affect our country.
To Kyle:
Air pollution is bad. But is there a way to stop it? Have we grown a custom to all the madness in this world?
HI curtis!!!!
the fires in L.A. are getting bad yea that weather the wind is feeding the flames and so far one body has bean found burnt inside a makeshift cardboard and wood shelter and thousands of residents have fleed their hillside homes.
well im curious to why it just now happened um its los angelas and it hasnt caught on fire until now thats wierd to me and im surprised that its this bad but then again in a way i hope it burns down all of it.
to clinton fauss
up down anywhere i cant say that i agree nor if i dont agree but where ever it goes i hope that if it brings down gas prices then thats where i want it cuz im tired of driven that car of mine!
mandi i disagree with you cause you never know tell you ask or look. what i mean is that the government is looking at me emails so what i aint got nothing to hide and it sounds like well you do. mandi if people dont do what they aint suppose to do then there wont be a problem with the government looking at my emails or anything else. so it aint no big deal if they look at who i called last month. there just trying to protect the country.
One really big topic is the presidential election that is coming up in November. Some people want McCain some want Obama. It is a matter of popularity but then again they also have to have a good point on alot of things otherwise some people wont like them.
To Kyle p
I agree with you it is harmful to kids and it could even be harmful to adults as well depending on how much of it is in the air and it isnt just air polution that is bad.
To
the rising conflict of abortion. It is a main debate topic between the presidential candidates. Barac Obama wants to keep it and McCain wants to abolish it. I think that it's a womans choice do do what she pleases with her body, but i also think it is morally wrong because it is killing a unborn child.
To Ty
AIDs are a big problem in Africa that need to be taken care of. Africa should introduce the use of codoms and abstinence.
To Curtis
I agree with you North Kore shouldn't have nuclear bombs.
Former Secretary of State Collin Powell (republican) announced Sunday that he will be voting for Sen. Barrack Obama.He cited the Democrat's "ability to inspire" and the "inclusive nature of his campain."I think this will give McCain a bad name.
In recent months the Russian Government has been taking stategic moves in order to regain its world power. After the cold war the Russian Federation has been minute to what its previous stature was. Either by military,territorial, or overall strength. They have partaken in the war agianst Georgia. Where they wiped out the Georgian forces. Also they flexed their muscles by partaking in joint military excersises in the Caribean. I believe that Russia could be a factor in the world, and the United States should keep an eye on them.
Go Russia!!!
to: klye
I agree that air polution is bad and harmful to our enviroment and the people.It's a major topic.
to:Clinton
I agree that the stock market is a major topic.It affect all of us.
To Steph, I think you are absolutly correct. the war in Iraq is a very expensive war, and that it is the main reason for our national debt. But I also like your point on the departure from Iraq. Because it tells that if we leave the terrorism will continue unless we put a stop to the insurgencie in Iraq.
To eggy, i like your facts on your story. But I don't think our economy will rebound that quickly. I think some serious changes need to be taken into action. Like the war in Iraq. The faster we finish off the rebels in Iraq, the sooner we quit putting money into that war. Also the government needs to put a stop to this Housing market, and the National banks.
OLD PEOPLE DRIVING!!!! I personally think old people should not drivei consider old from Hinmans age to barely breathing so ultimatly from 65 to whenever they stop breathing laugh out loud. they are very dangerous and do not look out for anybody but themselves. They think everybody should look out for them but ultimatly they just need to not drive. Because ultimatly if they stay at the home then they are not dangerous.!
Post a Comment