If you do not get your blogs done, I will be putting a 0% in the grade book. The same will hold true for the Article Reviews. SO GET THEM DONE!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Same-Sex Marriages (Blog #4)

One current event that is on going is the presidential debate. Many topics are discussed throughout each campaign. One of the current issues being debated is that of same-sex marriage. Should there be a constitutional amendment added to the constitution addressing this situation? Are states free to decide on the issued, or again, should those in Washington D.C. make the decision?

Your Assignment:

1). State your opinion on the Same-Sex marriage issue citing specific examples the government should or should not take.

2). Find someone with the same opinion as you and respond to their post. [Make sure you start your response with, (To Mr. Hinman:)]

3). Find someone with the opposite opinion as you and respond to their post. [Make sure you start your response with, (To Mr. Hinman:)]

**Remember, you must abide by the posting rules. If any posts violate the posting rules and are not appropriate they will be rejected and not published. You will recieve no points for this assignment.

Due: Sunday night 9/21 before 11:59 p.m.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that it is wrong just plain old wrong thats my opinion i think that same sex is just messed up and un natural the same sex cant make a child and thats one of the reasons we were put here.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion same sex marriage is the people's choice. I don't have a problem with it until they kiss in public or have public display of affection in public. It is their choice.

SamiraB said...

I have a very good friend in Germany and he is gay! When I see him with his boyfriend I feel just so happy for him! They are cuter than many hetero relationships! So on the one hand I think, when they really love eachother that is good! When they’re nice to eachother and respect eachother, how it should be in a relationship, that’s fine with me! But on the other hand, there ismy christian breeding, that told me, that the man was made for the woman, you know that! And really, sometime it seems weird seeing two guys or two girls together! But in the end I think it’s not our business to judge them!

Mandi said...

Many people are intimidated by gay people they say that it grosses them out to see them together. When I spot a homosexual couples in a mall however I have a different reaction. I see two people in love and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with that. In Nebraska people are sometimes a little slow to catch onto a new idea, they cling to their bibles and proclaim damnation on all those who challenge the century old words and refuse to even consider the possibility that it is not up to them to judge other people.
The some of the founding words of our country are our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. No one can take away another person’s right to love another. I don’t believe that people can control who they fall in love with, where they fall in love with them at, and why they fall in love with them. I know that God and God alone reserves the right to judge people. Being gay does not hurt anyone; no one’s rights are impeded on. Then why should it be illegal for two people to be happy together?
I think that the government has the right to grant unions between two people but I also think that a church can choose the specifications of the couples they allow to be married in their church. In other words our government should allow gay marriage but every church in the nation has the right to make stipulations on who is able to be married in their church. I am totally for a civil union with every benefit of being married.

Dylan R said...

i am against gay marriage. if we legalize gay marriage, a lot of laws will have to be re-written. marriage will no longer have much meaning.

Anonymous said...

i am against gay marriage and the reason why is legalizing gay marriage means rewriting marriage laws and in a few years soon marriage would be like carying a driving license in your wallet. it would change most things about raising children and good leadership.

Anonymous said...

My opinion on same sex marriages is that I feel strongly that this is unconstitutional. When the world was created it was created with a man and a woman not a woman and a woman or a man and man. It was the opposite sex! I don't judge people that are homosexuals I just don't think its right. I think the government should ban same sex marriages from all the states. It just isn't the way it's suppose to be.

codyr said...

I think same sex marriges are wrong because if God wanted us to do it he would have made us to do it.It's also decusting!

kylep said...

I think that same sex marriage is wrong because it is grose to see people like that but i also understand why they want to be that way to.

Eggy said...

I think that same sex marriage should be banned. I think that it is against most peoples beliefs. I think that the ban should be in the constitution. I don't think that it should be a states decision. In my opinion the ban should the countries decision.

Alaina B. said...

Same-Sex marriage hmmmmm took me awhile to think about it but they should have the right to find love and if there love is with the same sex then let them be and get married i mean they have the right to find love just as you and i. But i can see your reason to say ewwww that is gross i mean yea it is but hey if they are in love let them be. I have friends that are gay and they are reall cool to hang out with, and they dont judge you.

*ChElSeA*d* said...

Same-sex marriages is a very controversial topic among people all over the world. Here, in America, the feelings about this topic are diverse. In my opinion, people love who they do. Not only can you NOT choose who you are attracted to, but you also cannot choose who you love. And, if it is okay for those of us who have "normal" relationships, then there should be no contest about whether homosexuals can. If they have strong feelings about a person of the same sex, then I think that there is no reason why they couldn't get married. People, gay or straight, should be able to share that magical moment with those they love. And homosexuals deserve the right to. Being gay does not give you less of a right to love whomever you do.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chelsea, I agree with what you say. I too think that people should love who they want. They can't help who they are attracted to. It does bother me when they kiss in front of me but I don't mind the whole gay thing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dylan, i do not agree with you. And I have a question how would we change laws?? Why would we have to? In my mind people can love who they want when they want.

Curtis Fauss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

In my opinion same sex marriage is wrong. To me it goes against the fact of religion. But to just me its worng i believe thats how a lot of deseases start and spread. Ok yeah yay they found their special someone but its sick. And the gov. demolished the i think American way by making it legal in some states. Im just disgusted by them......

Anonymous said...

samari i understand that your happy for your freind and all but one thing is that man and women were mad for eachother not one mad for the other thats why the lord used adams rib to make eve. but thats mostly off subject and honeslty if same sex was ok by the lord than why didnt he make two men and two women when he had adam and eve. it makes no since because the lord gives us free will why didnt he make it so two guys can have a kid then. mandi theres one thing i beleive and thats without the good lord then most men and women have no morality so when there is change why not return to the bible and see what it says. the bible isnt only guidance on religion but also on parenting and more.

Keith/KG said...

I'm against gay marriage. If the goverment allows the junction of a man and a man or a girl on a girl the menaing of marriage will be changed. Also i believe this is a govermnet decision, not a state decision. I believe this because if states have different laws on gay marriage, the whole country will fall apart.Thats why we have representatives from each state so that its not all based on the government.

Keith/KG said...

Dear Samirab, I value your reason also. People do have a right to who they love and we shouldn't judge them. But on the other hand I think that it is a little weird seeing homosexuals in public.

Keith/KG said...

Dear Cody, i don't agree with your comment on Gods decision. just like Mandi said "that God and God alone reserves the right to judge people."

Tyson said...

My opinion on same sex marriage is that i tihnk it's wrong, but no one can make someone chose to be straight or non-sraight.

Tyson said...

i agree with clint's comment. marriage soon won't mean anything more then going out with some one.

Anonymous said...

I think it is wrong. Dear Stephen i agree with u. I don't know how all of u other people feel around two gay people but i feel really uncomfortable. Being gay is a decision. People can't be born gay i beleive. I'd like to hear what you think about gay marriage Mr. Hinman

Curtis Fauss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

(To Nic)
I agree wiht you. Thats one of our reasons we are put here on earth. Not to drag religous issues in but yeah thats not right.
Yeah its great you found that someone special but come on thats against society and everything.

Curtis Fauss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

(To Mandi)
We fellows that are against it are not intimidated. If you see two girls making out does it bother you? And if it does then you know how I feel.
I am not judging them. yes i may be proclaiming damnation but because its gross.
And I take that as a shot at me. Just because i grow up and live in Nebraska does not mean i am slow on new things.
I maybe a redneck or just a kid from the hills but I still kno wats wrong and wats rite.......

SamiraB said...

@Steph: I agree with you in the part, that I think, that its not the way, it’s suppose to be. And also I agree, that it’s not our task to judge the people! But I don’t think, that the government is going to ban the same sex marriages, because of everybody’s freedome.
@Clinton_f: I think that’s a nice thought! I’m not totally against gay marriage, but these points let me think about it! Very good reasons and hopefully it’s not going to be like carrying a driver license with you!!!!

Anonymous said...

i think that same sex marriage is wrong in this world becasue like alot of you said a man is made for a women and then again if you are a man and your love is for another man then so be it and its your life and your the one being stared at....and i pretty much agree with everybody especially samira and dylan i dont think there would be any laws to change or would there be?!?!?!?

Alaina B. said...

(Nic)
I don't agree with you! It may be wrong but if they love each other it should be ok for them to be together. I understand that you think it is wrong if they are kissing in public yes wrong but they love each other. The whold "They can't make a child" they can adopt and be a family yes that kid would be made fun of but his/her parents love each otherl.

Alaina B. said...

(Jose)
I agree with you 100%! It is their choice and yes it dose get gross when they have PDA in public. You are completely right about it being there choice.