
According to CSmonitor.com, "President Obama laid down a bold marker in his State of the Union address: He will defend a strong role for government, even in an era of high concern about federal deficits and the risk of rising taxes."
Your Assignment:
1) Find a video on the Presidents State of the Union address and watch the video.
2) Summarize the video and give the citation or web address.
3) Give your thoughts and opinions on the video you watched.
4) Comment on 2 of your classmates posts.
Due: Sunday 1/29/12 by no later than 11:59pm

22 comments:
1.) Obama took advantage of the time to talk about his soon to be Republican opponent in the 2012 election.
2.) I think that 60 mins. is way to long to have a speech. also that Obama should just give up because no one will vote for him.
http://bostinno.com/2012/01/25/full-video-watch-president-obamas-2012-state-of-the-union-video-online/
2) He pretty much talked about the jobs and money. He also talked about the ecnonmy, he talked about troops, and taxes.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0125/In-State-of-the-Union-address-Obama-tries-out-for-hero-of-middle-class-video
I think that he's all talk and no show, I don't think he'll follow through with this.
Grant- I agree with you haha, I don't like him at all. He dosn't backup what he says.
2.)Obama wants to let everyone know in this video were open for buisness and that tourists need to feel welcome because he wants them to come and spend money and time here.www.youtube.com
3.)i agree with him we need more people to come here to increase in economy and buisness.
Grant-
I dont like the long videos either! I hope Obama does not win.
2)http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2012/01/25/2012-state-union-address-enhanced-version
Obama talked about some of the accomplishments that happened like how the iraq soldiers came back which were over 1 million. He also answered some questons that people asked him.
3) I think that he might have a chance to be elected if he actually does what he says he will do. Also if his ideas are good and peple like them. And finally the video was quite long so i took parts of it.
Andrea- I can see what you mean. I just don't like him at all, but I don't get to vote so my opinoin doesn't matter.
Jenna good job. very informative and chalk full of information that will beifit us all in the future.
Andrea I agree with you agreeing with him. because we need more people to come here to increase in economy and buisness.
Jenna-
He isnt good for his word!
Grant-
People will vote for hime because if no one voted for him that would be amazing and i doubt some democtarts wouldnt vote for him
Andy-
You're right we do need more people to increase our economy
I watched a video on how the economy technically crashed, and how all the jobs were lost, but on a sidenote he said how businesses created 3 million jobs.
I think this was a 2 birds one stone thing for Obama. He talked about how the U.S. is changing for the better and worse but he also did this for popularity for re-election in the fall.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7396271n
Grant- I also think that the 60 minutes is far too long for the president to talk, but he had to get his point across.
Jenna- I think your are wrong about your assumption about Obama. He is doing the right thing. And we all know what happens when you assume right??
Lane is Awesome!
1)I personaly think that he is going to lose but i hope if he doest your new president is better than him. but i also think that he hasnt helped the U.S as much as he says he has.
2)http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0125/In-State-of-the-Union-address-Obama-tries-out-for-hero-of-middle-class-video
i agree with grant and andie 110%
2) Obama talked about money mostly and the troops and how our economy is. http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0125/In-State-of-the-Union-address-Obama-tries-out-for-hero-of-middle-class-video
3) I think that Obama will actually have some sort of competition this year.
Jenna- I think everybody in politics promises us things that they know they don't have to power to come through with, but I agree that he hasn't done all he's said he would.
Grant- I highly doubt that "nobody" will vote for him. Some people will.
1.obama took advantage of the time to talk about his soon to be rupublican opponent in the 2012 election 2. it shouldn't be 60 minutes to have a speech.also that obama should give up for being presidents cause noone will vote for him and i think he a bad presidents and also think he ruining the goverments and the world too.
I think that 60 mins. is way to long to have a speech. also that Obama should just give up because no one will vote for him.
http://bostinno.com/2012/01/25/full-video-watch-president-obamas-2012-state-of-the-union-video-online/
i thing grant is right this video is to long and he talk about something not about what he is gonna do there.
1- done.
2- this is his full speech so its all about him. all the topics come back to him and makes him sounds selfish.
3-i think that next year we will have a different president to give this speech. i think that he is just trying to get reelected. he got his dream job and he's down a very poor job at it. he can talk the talk but he cannot walk the walk. he wants all these bills on his desk so that he can sign them, well he hasn't signed much other than the health care bill so i don't think he has done much. u asked for my opinion so i gave it.
4- you are right grant! he is just trying to get reelected. jenna, he is all talk and no show! makes me mad!
1. He talks about the armed forces and the team work that they have with one another. He also taled about education, higher paying jobs and, better economy for the world.
2.Well I thought about my video that I watched was very boring it was kind made me think of a robot talking I have really never listen to Oboma talk but it was kinda creepy.
3. Andrea- I think we need better jobs that pay alot more than what they do now.
Grant- It was very boring i couldnt ever really pay attention to more than 20mins if i was at one of Obamas speeches.
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_wUNb0cw8
Post a Comment