If you do not get your blogs done, I will be putting a 0% in the grade book. The same will hold true for the Article Reviews. SO GET THEM DONE!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You Choose (Blog #16)




With so many different events and world issues to choose from, it is now up to you to decide which one interests you the most.


Your assignment:

Pick a current event, an article on a particular topic or a world issue. Briefly state what it is about, then where you stand or your opinion on the matter. Once you have completed this first part, then find two other classmates to comment/respond to. Remember the posting rules and be respectful.


Due: Sunday 12/11/11 by 11:59p.m.

19 comments:

RILEY G said...

Im going to talk about the child labor laws because it is a serious topic that can not be passed. It will creat less jobs for the youth. we will in an agricutural area and if the pass it the youth will do nothing and we need to learn responsibilty and a job teaches us thaat and it wont let them gain the experience that they need for the future of there agricultural lives.

Andrea H. said...

I think cutting military discounts or running out of them should not be aloud because they only have so many of them but they should have a supply for every service person. Be prepared to help the people that have helped you so much!

Andrea H. said...

Riley- I agree with you on everyone needs to experience a job.

RILEY G said...

andrea, that is a very good point there should be more discounts

Taylor E. said...

I'm going to talk about the firemen that stood by as a house burned. I don't think it's that big of a deal considering the people didn't pay the fee for it,however I think that if people had been in that house and the firefighters refused to help..... that would be very bad.

Riley- I think that the government does everything for a reason and it's probably a very good reason for the child labor laws, also agricultural jobs are not the only jobs available.

Andrea- I agree that they should've been prepared to help those who have helped us so much!

kylep said...

im going to talk about Pearl Habor. Japan attack Pearl Habor on December 7, 1941. i think this was a bad thing to happen becuase it killed thousands of people. Like it is said in the movie the Japense military guy sadi he fears that they awoke a sleeping gaint.


Andrea- i agree with you about the military discounts.

Riley i agree with you about the child labor law.

Tori S. said...

im goign to talk about history about the world cause i think it important to know when the world gonna end and wonder if we will ever actually find out .

RILEY G said...

potter i strongly agree

Andrea H. said...

taylor- I think its stupid also how they can just stand and whatch a house burn down that is just crap!

Tori S. said...

riley i agree on what ur gonna do for doing an artical on child labor laws i think it really important for us to take responsiblity for our action

Anonymous said...

I think the chuld labor laws are stupid because, livestock is just part of our world, and it gives kid the right be be repsonsible.

Anonymous said...

Taylor E, I totally agree with you. And Andrea I think that would be a good suggestion, I like the way you think.

Anonymous said...

1- Rod Blagojevich, former governor of Illinois, was sentenced to 14 years in prison for his alleged selling of president Obama's senate seat. it was a bad thing to do. i think that prison is a rough place on people, but thats what it is meant to be. 14 years may be a touch excessive, but I'm not a judge. i do think he needs to of some time.

2- this labor law also looks to hurt the agriculture sector because it would be hard for rural students to find a summer job to pay for their college. yes, it would give more adults jobs but where kids are working, the adults already have jobs.

3- i think that the fireman thing is stupid! government funded programs should not charge! we already pay taxes! and we pay way too much already!

Lane G. said...

A thing that just happened is the shooting and killing of a Virginia Tech police officer. This is a saddending topic. But in my eyes there is some sort of connections to these killings.

Riley- Child labor is also very sad

Andie- Those injured men and women will have tought times when they get back so these discounts will help.

Lane G. said...

A thing that just happened is the shooting and killing of a Virginia Tech police officer. This is a saddending topic. But in my eyes there is some sort of connections to these killings.

Riley- Child labor is also very sad

Andie- Those injured men and women will have tought times when they get back so these discounts will help.

Joao A. said...

I'm gonna talk about the world crisis and i think we need to talk more about that because is really important for us to know that

Riley i agree with you to at all everyone need a job and taht is important

Joao A. said...

potter what you had say is really important too

Oscar G said...

The one thing i think we need to worry about more and talk about more is the economy. It has gone down over the years and im sure it will drop more over the years unless obama comes up with a good plan. I also think that the NBA has been a big thing since David Stern wont allow trades for the lakers to get power house players

Abbi said...

I am going to talk about the poverty in America. I think that we should take more action for our country than try to help all the countries in the world.

Riley, i agree people need job expierence.

Lane, i think it is sad he got shot.