If you do not get your blogs done, I will be putting a 0% in the grade book. The same will hold true for the Article Reviews. SO GET THEM DONE!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

News Media (Blog #8)




Your assignment:

1) Find an article from a newspaper website that interests you. Give a brief summary of the article. (You cannot use any local Nebraska newpaper agencies.)
2) Make sure and tell what news outlet you found the article and give your thoughts and opinions on the article.


Due: Today!

11 comments:

RILEY G said...

More than two months after protesters launched the Occupy Wall Street movement in New York, patience is wearing thin in some cities, including Atlanta and Oakland, where police have begun to crack down on local demonstrations against corporate greed and big financial institutions

and cops have had to remove a coople people

kylep said...

1.new york times, obamas went to Denver to talk about student loans and how they should be new rules to expedite and ease repayment terms for graduates burdened with federal student loans.

Oscar G said...

Logan Herald Journal: Logan high school football team just won the championship and went for a perfect season at 9-0 and 5-0 in their region. It was a good game and Logan high ended u winning 28 to 14. Wide Reciever Beau artist, a good friend of mine, said "It feels great to be champions this year. A three-way tie last year just didn't feel like thi"
In my opinion i think its a great thing due to the fact that i used to play for logan high and I am really proud of all my friends

Joao A. said...

1-the article in the newspaper say about one airplane the name is dreamliner and the tiket for a trip is $34000 and is a new air plane 787, and the airplane went today japan to hong kong with 240 people in there.
2-about one new airplane and is the most expense airplane tikets in the world and is the most luxurious in the world

Taylor E. said...

1) The article I read was about this doctor who was illegally selling prescription painkillers to people 25 and under. At least one person who bought the illegal drugs has died.
2) I found this article on the Los Angleles times website. My thouhghts on the article are, I think the doctor was dumb for trying to sell drugs illegally.

Anonymous said...

1)I read about how Netflix lost 800,000 people, and they're good will. Reed Hastings was in a hot tub when he annoucned to his friends he was going to make a plan to divide its movie rental service into two — one offering streaming movies over the Internet, the other offering old-fashioned DVDs in the mail.

2) I think this is a good idea, I think that people need to be more open to change and willing to. If they wanted to have Netflix, they need to work with the company. It's the same, just with more offers

Andrea H. said...

I went to the new york times web site and found an article on "China Takes a Loss to Get Ahead in the Business of Fresh Water." It talks about supplying the world with fresh water and from what i got out of the article china is trying to make that happen. It seems to me that we have fresh water here but i dont speak for the rest of the world! They have used wind turbons and solar panells but some people are saying we need the money for technology. I say we need water more than technology!

Anonymous said...

I got my article from New York Times. Haha, sorry Mr. Hinman! :)

Abbi said...

1) I read an article and it was about a seven year old boy who wanted to join the girl scouts. The boys name was Bobby and he sometimes dressed like a girl and played with girl toys like barbies. The girl scout leader told Bobby's mom that you had to have girl parts to be in the girl scouts.

2) I think this is stupid because it shouldn't matter if he is a boy or not. The boy and girl scouts are two different things enitrely!


http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/10/25/dnt-boy-wants-to-be-a-girl-scout.kusa

Lane G. said...

I went to the New York Times website and found an article on making money off a hit youtube video. First you must have a good name and an awesome video. then get money from the ads. You must appear on television,next sell merchandice, and finally make a game plan for fame.

Anonymous said...

1- ford posted an earning for this quarter. they made a total of 1.6 billion total but lost 300 + million in europe but that figure is down from the quarter before.

2- obviously i think this is a good deal. ford is an amazing company and this should help lead the economy out of this recession. got this out of the new york times.