If you do not get your blogs done, I will be putting a 0% in the grade book. The same will hold true for the Article Reviews. SO GET THEM DONE!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Title Game Blog: Duke vs. Butler (Blog #12)

"FINAL: DUKE 61, BUTLER 59.
Duke plays very smart to have Zoubek miss that second free throw, and Hayward gets as good a shot as possible (given the circumstances), with a half-court runner that went glass and rim and kicked out. Couldn't have been a more dramatic end (unless it had gone in) for one of the best title games in memory. Kudos to both teams. Butler ... my hat's off. Tremendous."

**Article according to** http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_glockner/04/05/duke.butler.blog/index.html?cnn=yes&hpt=C1#ixzz0kIBSPEmR

*******Duke over Butler*******

Your Assignment:

1) Did you watch the game?
2) What is the positive economic impact ($$) of this game on both Universities? Is there a negative or postive impact on the U.S. economy because of this game? (May have to research these questions or ask Mr. Hinman!)
3) Who did you want to win the game and why?

Due: Sunday 4/11/10 by no later than 11:59pm

8 comments:

kylep said...

1. no i did not watch the game.

2. the both universities het shcolarship monay and they get money to buy uniforms. it is a postive impact.

3.i wanted DUKE to win because DUKE is the best team out there. YAY DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" The Dentuation " said...

I didnt watch the game

I dont think there is any negative or positive economic impact on either of the universities.

To tell the truth i could care less who won it but i guess if i were to choose i would choose duke just because i see now that they won.

Abbi said...

1) No, I didn't watch the game.

2) The positive impact is the schools can get money for scholarships. It is a positive effect.

3) I don't really know...i kind of wanted Butler to win because i thought Duke was pretty cocky.

Melissa said...

1) No, I did not

2) The positive is that they have money coming in and people scooping out the college for potentual of going to the schools.
The Negitive is the tremendous messes made by everyone. Plus the verge of a fight for "too much support" for the wrong team.

3) Personally, I didn't really care who won. I watched a Butler game not to long ago... Then I remembered how much I could care less about basketball.

Tricia said...

Yes, a little.

People will buy ticket like crazy next year for both teams.

Yes, they say butler may acturally hurt the economy.

I don't really know either teams. They are both obviously good teams. But if i have to choose i guess it'll be butler since they won.

codyr said...

1- a little bit of it
2- they will get paid more and probably get money to buy uniforms. there is a positive immpact on the economy b/c it will circulate more money.
3- duke b/c i don't like butler. i didn't think that duke and butler would go this far.

Anonymous said...

1.) No i did not watch the game.

2.) They both get lots of money. People looking at them more to go to college there. I do not think there is a negative affect.

3.) I didn't really care because i do not follow sports that much. I just like to play them instead of watching them.

KodiK said...

1. Nope I did not watch the game
2. They both got some money not to mention all the young athelets that will want to play for the teams
3. I DUNNO!! Duke I guess