Valentine's Day
Your Assignment:
1.) Research Valentine's Day, its origins, why it is celebrated, etc.
Due: Sunday 2/14/10 by no later than 11:59p.m.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK YOUR GRADES!*
8 comments:
It's real name is St. Valentine's Day. It is an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards. I love Valentine's Day!!!!! Fo Sho.
valentines day it is to let the people you love know that you love them or if you like someone you can tell them that you like them. we celebrate it in pairs
It sorta comes from a Roman who was martyred for refusing to give up Christianity. It is celebrated because it is a day of love and romance.
GRRRR!! Many people have different thoughts about how Valentine's Day originated. This tis be the main one. St. Valentine, who was imprisoned for not giving up Christianity, wrote love letters everyday to a jail keeper's daughter. How Cute... GAG!!! It has different thoughts why it is celebrated. So already PDA couples can be all, "I love you. I love you. I love you!" Me on the other had is for candy companies and plush companies to earn extra money on a holiday that is so pointless, it should be nothing. Kind of like St. Patricks day..
....Of course you want us to research this blasted "holiday. Well I think its siant's holdiay and it was created to make people feel like crap. Theres the history of it for ya!! Just kidding. Alright the holiday was actually named after a Roman priest named Valentine. He lived during the reign of Emperor Claudius the second. After the emperor outlawed the marriage of young young couples, because he thought that men that werent married fought better in war then married men, Valentine still performed marriages cause he thought the emperor was wrong. This got him thrown in jail (way to go you little rebel you!!) where he fell in love with a young women, who is said to possibly be a jailor's daughter. It is said that before he was sent to death he wrote her a letter confessing his love for her and signed it from your valentine. So obviously as to can tell Valentine's Day is to celebrate love (gag) but after reading what I did i think it should be celebration for the priest Valentine. He did what he thought was right and even went against the law. Even thought I hate valentines day I think its awesome what he did. Woohoo for the Bad Boy!!
was created by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards. The holiday first became associated with romantic love; celebrating love and affection between companions
It is celebrated because a priest named Valentin fell in love in jail to a jailors daughter. He was in jail because he was marrying reall young people against the kings orders. He wrote a letter to her telling her how he felt about ther and at the end it said from your valentine. It is celebrated in pairs.
Valentine's Day is an annual holiday held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions. The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). The holiday first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. Valentines day came from st. valentine
Post a Comment