With Barack Obama becoming the 1st African American, and 44th President to be sworn into office many say the expectations are very, very high. With this in mind, he will have to prove to the American citizens within the first 100 days that change is, in fact, upon us.
Your Assignment:
Research the plans Obama and his administration have for the first 100 days. Identify at least two policies that he plans on pushing through and explain. Also, state your opinion on each policy.
Due: 1/25/09 by 11:59p.m.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
While researching the internet, alot of sites really didnt have exactly what he plans to do. They were close guesses, so thats what I will go with.
According to most sites I was on, one of the first policies that he plans to push is ending the war in Iraq and bringing the soldiers home. Second he plans to shut down Guantanaomo Bay.
My opinions on these policies is great end the war thats awesome. But I don't think its wise to bring all the soldiers home just yet. To be on the safe side. And as for Guantanaomo Bay don't even get me started. I think it should be kept open.
Barack Obama is try to pass a big stimulus bill and try to get the economy to recover. I think that it will be a tough job but hopefully for all of us, he can do something good in the first 100 days.
He is noted in several speeches that the economy will likely get worse before it gets better. The economic advisers say that his proposals can create or save between 3 million and 4 million jobs. That will be enough to keep the unemployment rate from getting worse by 2010.
I think this is a good policy and that it will cut our unemployment rate.
It will be do-or-die time for General Motors and Chrysler LLC starting in February. As a condition of the $13.4 billion in government loans that GM and Chrysler received under the Troubled Asset Relief Program. The automakers must produce a plan for viability by Feb. 17 and have that plan in place by March 3.
I think it will result in less pay for the workers and will have longer hours and less people working. This policy will make a bunch of people lose their jobs.
Obama is alowing stem cell research.This means that stem cells from previous humans may be used to prevent diseases from reappearing. I think this will us view further into new medicine and may be very helpful to the human race. But with a new cure, new diseases can form, they can be even stronger than ever.
Barack Obama is getting rid of the terrorist prison, Guantanamo Bay.This is a detention center for terrorist around the world. Im not so sure on this idea. Where would all of its prisioners go. I have heard they could go to a prison in Kansas. Thats right in our back yard. I don't understand the reason why President Barack Obama is doing this.
President Obama will need to be bold to deal with the challenges he faces: a cratering economy,two wars, and many more. I do not think he knows alot about either one of these categories enough to try'n fix them or help them. The economy has been doing better since the Presidents changed but i really dont think it is just because Obama is coming in, i think its because Bush is going out, and i may be wrong. The war isnt much of a different story...I really do not think Obama will change much over there...
1) one of the things he would do is that he would enact a comprehensive plan to help bring an end to the foreclosure crisis. he supports efforts to create a new FHA Housing Security Program to provide significant incentives and guarantees for lenders to buy out mortgages that exceed the value of homes and convert them into stable 30-year fixed-rate mortgages that homeowners can afford.
I think that it is very important to fix the mortgage crisis as one of the first things, because we all need shelter. its something nobody should have to be without.
2) he also want to create five million new jobs by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future.
i think he should try and make it work a little quicker then 10 years to clean up our energy. it is a serious problem that we need to get under control, before it gets out of hand even more.
Obama is trying to close down Guitmo. Guitmo is a prison for bad people. And he is going to work on the economy. He is trying to come up with a stimulas package to get our country out of recession. My opinion on the Gutimo thing is that we shouldnt close it down beacause where are we going to put the bad guys??? If we let them loose then they will kill more people then they already have. For the stimulas package... Im not really sure what to think. If we would stop paying people big bucks for little things and stop paying things for people our country would not be like this. We pay for security for the old presidents. Did you know that we pay Bill Clinton's cell phone bill? Well we do and we spend over $100,000. Its ridiculous!!
obama is pushing for a faster timetable of withdrawal of troops from iraq. close the prison on guataunama bay.
Obama has had a power frist hundred days. He is shutting down Guantanamo Bay. This is a big change for our criminals in war. Some are scared that them being here, close to us, is dangerous. I am not worried. He is also starting stem cell research. Barrack Obama is going to try and fix our economy.
withdraw the troop from Iraq.Closes prison at Guantanamo Bay. I think that if he withdraws the troops it will make a bigger mess then what we have now. I think that it is a great thing to closed prisons in Guantanamo Bay.
Obama is going to get rid of Guantomina Bay. If that happens they said that they would end up in Kansas prisons. I think that is a really stupid move because they will be in the middle of the US. He also wants to start stem cell research.
Obama's first days he focused on Iraq, toruture, health care, energy and economy. He especially tries to push through a change in health care, so he's meeting with important lawmakers and interests groups close to the the health care debate.
I think he's doing a good job so far and the helath care needs to be fixed. So good job Obama...way to go.
Barack Obama's first 100 days of his presidency will give us a clue on how his term will go. Already, Obama has been pretty focused on the Iraqi war. He plans on closing the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. His plans are to wean the nation from foreign oil and fixing the economy. I think this is a good idea. If you think about it, the U.S. is addicted to fuel. As in many cases, people just need to be weaned off, like a baby calf! We might not like it at first, but in the long run, its whats best.
Obama is now focused on health care. His plan is to create a system that would reduce costs while extending coverage to more people. He plans to pass major new energy and environmental policies. I think this is a semi-good idea. If he could just focus on mental health care rather than just health care, I believe that would be more beneficial!!
He wants a full-throated push on health care. wants to pass an energy bill in spring.
Barack Obama is working on the economy trying to get it to get it back up. He is also trying to pass this stimulis bill. I think it will be a tough 100 days for him but hopefully he is able to get the job done.
The only certain desision made by the Obama administration has signed papers for the shutting down of Guantamano Bay prison in Cuba. They also want to start bringing soldiers home from Iraq and Afganastan. That is pretty much the only plans of intent that Obama wants.
he is gona try to pass a law that is going to stop guns and ammo and he will be shot by a redneck.
In his first one hundred days in office as the president, Barrack Obama will face many many challenges but also try to pass and create many things. He wants to pass a big stimulus bill and bring our economy back. Many say that the first 100 hundred days is rough and will make or break the president in the countries eyes. I think Obama will do great and this will really help the United States.
On Thursday, his tenth day in office, Obama signed his first bill into law - the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, named after an Alabama woman who was fleeced for years by her employer. The bill aims to make it easier for workers to sue for decades-old discrimination.
There are other pieces of legislation on the horizon in the next few weeks, including the mother of all bills - Obama's US$825 billion economic stimulus package. The president hopes to sign it into law by mid-February
I think the fair pay act is awesome and I think the billion dollar bail out is a black hole of sadness! We need to fix the problem and not just throw money at it.
Post a Comment