If you do not get your blogs done, I will be putting a 0% in the grade book. The same will hold true for the Article Reviews. SO GET THEM DONE!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Round 2, Federal Government Bailout. (Blog #5)

Recently, some of the top financial institutions have taken a real beating. Lehman's, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, to AIG. Now the Federal Government is discussing more bailouts of these Banks/Mortgage Companies with tax dollars. (That's your money, and your parents money!!)

Your Assignment:

1). State your opinion on the Government Bailout issue citing specific examples the government should or should not take.

2). Find someone with the same opinion as you and respond to their post. [Make sure you start your response with, (To Chelsea or whoever it is you are responding to:)]

3). Find someone with a different opinion as yourself and respond to their post. [Make sure you start your response with, (To Keith or whoever it is you are responding to:)]**Remember, you must abide by the posting rules. If any posts violate the posting rules and are not appropriate they will be rejected and not published. You will recieve no points for this assignment.

Due: Sunday night 9/28 before 11:59 p.m.

51 comments:

Alaina B. said...

I think it is kind of dumb what they are doing. I agree with what the people said on CNN Student News they need to use our tax dollars for something better.If they want to use our tax money then put into better roads or something they really need.

*ChElSeA*d* said...

I think that they should try the Government Bailout. I mean we are already in a major debt. Why not try something different? It couldn't hurt anymore than we are currently hurting ourselves. I think they should use our tax money. Yes its for schools and things like that, but alot of it goes to waste anyway, might as well give it a try.

Anonymous said...

My opinion on the Government Bailout issue is I think its perposterous! Why should are tax dollars go for something that is clearly the businesses problem? It shouldn't! I mean seriously when your in debt does the world drop everything and give you money? No! Clearly the businesses do not have good money managing skills. What I think the government should do is take a different approach at this issue.

Alaina B. said...

BETTER ROADS LIKE BY CHELSEAS HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe that whole road

Keith/KG said...

At these times in our economy, many businesses are closing their doors.
The financial institutions have been taking a huge hit due to weak housing market and a struggling economy. And in effect the problems on wall street are giving financial moggles a hard time.
These tycoons control a large portion of Americas' debt. And if these companies fail the market will crash and we will be in huge trouble.
So the Goverment has been buying out these companies so that the market "stays afloat".
Now you may be wondering where the Feds get the money to buy out these companies? They get it from our tax dollars. This money goes to schools, roads, and law enforcement otherwise.
I believe that it is a good overall idea to bailout these companies in order to keep the economy at bay. But i believe that this buyout is only a bandaide on the deep gash of the market. And that it is only a temporary fix.
Plus that it comes out of taxpayer pockets, that are already struggling due to the economy.

Alaina B. said...

To Steph
I completely agree with you! You are right the world dosent drop everything and give you money if we are in debt. It is the businesses problem NOT OURS! Good thoughts!

Alaina B. said...

To Chelsea
I don't agree with you I personally don't think that they should use our money for there own problem. Then that just means that like there is no money to go for those new roads, yes out by your house. But you also have a point about giving it a try! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

NO FLIPPIN WAY ARE THEY GONNA DO THAT!!! they cant use my money for there screwups that their problem now they have to deal with it and i dont think we have to help them!!

Eggy said...

I think that if the banks don't get bailed out they will all go under. This would be a bad thing for all banks that branch off of these bigger banks. Wish there was some other way to pay for this then using tax dollars.

Eggy said...

Keith: I agree that using the tax dollars is only going to be a temporary fix to this issue.

Keith/KG said...

Dear eggy, I agree with your comment about another way to pay, without using tax dollars. But i don't know that it is that easy.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I think that they shouldn't use our money to bail out themselves. How do you fix debt with money you don't have. And the government people think they can use our money because they screwed up and can't use their own.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Steph. Money doesn't grow on trees for the middle class so why should they people higher up have the authority to take our hard earned money away from us???

Eggy said...

Dear Nic I think that if we don't help them then other banks will go under. Then there will be a shortage of banks around.

Anonymous said...

i think that the banks do need to be bailed out cause everyone reallys on the banks to keep track of money and spending an more. not only does the government needs to find a way to help the economy but everyone needs to pitch in this will not be one of these things were you can say oh itll be ok the other guy do it and pick up my slack. taxes being used to bail out banks dont make very much sense and only seems to be a temparorily fix if anything.

Anonymous said...

Chelsea, I totally see where you are coming from. I guess I didnt think of it that way.

Tyson said...

I think they should because it would help out the economy alot and the news wouldn't have to do storys on how bad the economy are.

TO KEITH: i like your idea man!

TO NIC: Um you don't pay taxes yet. So they aren't taking your money.

Keith/KG said...

Dear Alaina B., I don't agree with your comments. What would you rather have good roads, or a depression in which we can't operate our lives without money.

Curtis Fauss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Im not for sure what to say to it. But that I think they should prolly try it. Yeah its sketchy but its something new. And thats what you have to have to get change. When they take our tax dollars to pay for these debts it makes the country in better shape actually.

Curtis Fauss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

Im not for sure what to say to it. But that I think they should prolly try it. Yeah its sketchy but its something new. And thats what you have to have to get change. When they take our tax dollars to pay for these debts it makes the country in better shape actually.

Dylan R said...

i think that it is stupid how they are using our own money to try and fix a money problem. they are just putting us in more and more debt. we are already in debt 11.3 TRILLION dollars! that is,
$11,300,000,000,000.00!

dylan chesley said...

I think that its a bunch of crap having to bail out all of wall-street. Yet if the government didn't bail out the big companies like AIG we would be in even more trouble economically. i think instead of letting a couple huge companies run our money we should have smaller more independent companies taking care of our tax dollars, and putting them to good use.

*ChElSeA*d* said...

Ok, so... There is no one that agrees with me... So I just have to say that in all of this situation we are all at fault for almost every problem that America faces.. one way or another.
Dear Alaina, I like your point about the roads, mainly because I gave you the idea, but look. It has been 3+ years and what has happened to my road?????? NOTHING!!! I agree with you about them fixing the roads, i really do, but either way, it seems to me that they are not doing what they should be doing, so why not try this. They waste how much money on building huge hotels, and sites that really have no REAL reason to be there, but its not okay for them to try to take our country out of debt???????..... This makes no sense to me. And dear Eggy- I agree with you about them trying to find a different way to fix this... But well, right now, they can't think of any. So what else Can We Do????

codyr said...

I think this is alright as long as it doesn't happen alot.They should have to start trying to raise their own funds to bail themselves out of debt.

Anonymous said...

Alaina: I totally agree with you! Better roads would be nice! But also some of my opinion has changed since I watched cnn news earlier today. So I agree with giving it a try in chelsea and eggy's opinions.

Nic S: I do not agree with you at all. I believe we do need to fix this problem but take a different approach so we don't have to use our tax dollars.

Dylan R said...

nic, i argree with you 100%. they got us into this mess, they should be the ones who will get us out.

Anonymous said...

to steph.
i agree with you that they shouldnt be using our money to fix the problems we dont care a whole lot for. its kinda the thing we look at and think "oh that sucks!" and then be on our way but there makin it our problem.

Anonymous said...

to chelsea i dont agree with you cause no matter how bad things are it can and probably will get worse. yes the country does need to explore different ideas to get out of this crisis but that doesnt means we should go with the first thing that pops ups and so oh well the last thing didnt work why not try this one. every plan needs to be thought out to every detail otherwise itll more than likely be just a temparily fix.

dylan chesley said...

I agree with Eggy if we dont do something now about the major companies we will regret it later on and may have to pay major consequences.

Dylan R said...

clinton, i can see where ur comin from, but i dont think they should save the banks so quickly. they should try and let them sort it out for themselves.

dylan chesley said...

I dont agree with you Alaina if we dont do something now about the main banks in our country we will regret it later.

Anonymous said...

keith i agree with you that our tax do get used for other things. one thing i think this country can do is for one make us more self suffecient especialy when it comes to energy. one thing we can do is make less competition which means more companies closing down but that means more expanding there doors but theres a chance the unemployment rate will go up, but it will allow the companies to be more flexible lower prices and still a high demand cause everyone is going to one store for there items, but in that situation you lose qualitie value.

Curtis Fauss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

to: eggy
i agree with you on if they dont get bailed out they all will go under and down the dump America goes.
to: alaina
I disagree with you it is for the country so in turn its for us.

kylep said...

I think that they should not use our money to bailout.but I also think that if they take more of our money out then they should fix the all the roads in each state that need fixed.

SamiraB said...

I think they should do that. I mean, even they normaly should spend that money for other stuff, the depts effect us either. And who wants to go the economy bad I think that will effect us worse than spend a bit of our taxes for EITHER the depts of our state.

*ChElSeA*d* said...

Dear Cody!!! THANK YOU!!! Finally someone else sees what I am trying to say! To all of you who think I am wrong, well I think that you are thinking about Your money, and Your working.. I think you are thinking totally about how this will effect YOU. But what if it does work out? And because of the people who have the same ideas as me, our country is in a better position, for your kids, your grandkids.. all the children after you... They will live in a better world.
And Keith, when you say that we are taxpyers already struggling, well this is because of the debt. We pay more because they loan companies so they can get out of debt. Why don't we help them help us???

Anonymous said...

I think they should find their own way out. If regular Americans that go into debt are able to get out of being in debt then they should be able to do that to. Dear Dylan R and Nic i agree with both of you. Dear Chelsea i don't agree with you. If we stick to what we have done in the past then everything will work out its self out.

kylep said...

To Ty:i agree with you because the economy is a big part in the bailout.

codyr said...

to:jose
I agree with you because were else are they gonna get their money.they should try and find another source.

SamiraB said...

@Steph:
I think it's a good point if we are in dept they won't help us eihter. But I mean over a long distance these deps are going to effect us, if we want or not. So Shouldn't we start giving a little money to help now (money we have to pay anyway!) or we have to suffer from it later.

kylep said...

To Alaina:
I disagree with you becasuse not all the bad raods need fixed but the money can go to thing like school funds and thing like that.

SamiraB said...

@Chelsea:
I agree with you, that we should try something different, even normaly it is for schools and roads and things like that! But if that doesn't work, why don"t try something different??!
(Besides: I'm sorry for your road;)).

codyr said...

to:kylep
I don't agree with you because if we don't pay for it know the economy is liable to go down again.

Anonymous said...

to chelsea
i strongly believe that we worked for our money and that should be our money for us to use and not them they got there selve into this not us they have full controle of money goin into cerculation so they can figure out some other way to solve ther problems its just a scam

Alaina B. said...

Ok! So my mind has been changed a little we do need to find a soloution to this. We don't need a depression. It is a Nation problem now and we live in this GREAT Nation and now we need to help somehow maybe what they are doing now may help things but it won't entirely fix things. But they don't need to take all of the money I still think that some money needs to go to other things. But you know I still maybe wrong but maybe not!

Anonymous said...

I disagree with what they are doing it cant hurt to atlaeast try something different.

Anonymous said...

To Chelsey
i think you are completly right by saying the same thing i did by wanting to try something different and no it cant hurt it has to better to try something then just sit where we are and be in dept like you saud for ever!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ty: no nic doesnt pay taxes yet but his parents do and his is like 2 or 3 yeas away from paying taxes

Mandi said...

I believe that the Government should butt out of the free economy’s business. The government should not have any influence on if companies fail or not. I think that is it up to good business people to decide wither or not a company will succeed. If they make loans to unstable sources then it is their fault and it is not up to the average tax payer to fail out business.

Mandi said...

To Keith,
I agree with you.

Mandi said...

To Chelsea:
I disagree with your opinion and I think that it is not the citizen’s job to bail out companies that should be taking care of themselves.